24 January 2014

Afraid of All In with God: Day 1

All in with God is a scary place:
What will I have to give up?
What will I lose?
How will I be rejected?
And perhaps the scariest of all:
How will I find out that I am, in fact, worshiping a small God of my making that is unlike the True God? 
Isn't just a little bit of God better than no God at all?

And isn't it okay to do a little bit of God, remain a "good" person, and keep things on an even keel? Isn't it okay to work hard and play it safe?

Is it okay? Well, apparently, because we are a world full of people doing just that.

But okay gets turned on its head in the face of two things:
If God created us, he must have something to say about what he'd mean by "okay."
If we are only on the first stage of a two-stage drama of life, this stage (our earthly life) may be a rehearsal of sorts for stage two. Are we rehearsing well?
What will we find "all in with God" to mean?

That is our quest over the next several days. How do we move from our okay into his Okay?

Tomorrow: Our stopping points.

Comments are welcome at feedyourstrength@gmail.com.

Blog Archive